What is a "Life Group"?
Life Groups are small groups of people that meet in various locations and on different nights in order to study the Bible (often focused on the current sermon series), pray for one another, reach out to others and make friends. MAC Life Groups are one of the primary ways we help each other "embrace the life-changing grace of Jesus." They are also the first line of "need meeting" in the MAC community as we seek to "extend grace."
The Vision for MAC Life Groups
Equipping God’s people to be the church (Acts 2:42-47)
- Rather than “attending church,” we ARE the church!
- Rather than being EDUCATED, we are being EQUIPPED - to know AND live out God's Word. "Tools aren't meant to be carried around but to be used."
What specifically will Life Groups "equip" people to do?
Embrace Grace (Mark 12:30 – the Great Commandment)
- We want people to first and foremost experience the life changing Grace of Jesus in their own lives.
- We want them to fall passionately, persistently and consistently in love with God.
- Life Group leaders have the opportunity to love and lead their people to this universal, divine purpose.
- We want to teach people to be self-feeders from God’s Word.
- We want people to interact personally and honestly with truth.
- We want people to experience the life-changing grace of Jesus.
Extend Grace (Acts 2:42-47, Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 12:31)
- We are to teach our members to love and care for each other well (John 13:34-35)
Life groups are to be the first line of "need meeting" in the MAC community.
- We also want all life groups to have an element of outreach and multiplication to our community
- MAC will provide groups with a variety of outreach opportunities during each term
Life Group Coordinator
Sign up for a group using the link above or contact email@example.com