MAC is involved in caring for Missoula’s refugee community in several ways.
- Sunday support: MAC volunteers give rides to and from church and also help support a time for the refugees to connect with each other in worship, prayer and a Bible lesson in their own language before attending church.
- Congolese choir: MAC helps support the choir with rides to practice and helps coordinate performances in the community
- Transportation during the week: MAC helps to coordinate rides for refugees to work and medical appointments when the bus is not available. This is a practical way to help and also builds relationship with the refugees.
- Driving practice: MAC partners with Soft Landing to help refugees obtain their learners permit and driving hours needed to get their license.
- Family support: Our volunteers offer support and encouragement to families as they navigate life in a new country. This can include help shopping at the grocery store, going to the post office, help reading mail and many other things that come up on a daily basis!
- English Classes: MAC hosts English classes at the church on a weekly basis.
If you would like to be involved or have questions about this ministry, please contact Lara at firstname.lastname@example.org